Wednesday 27 June 2012

an invitation: julie arkell workshop and exhibition

Hello dear Pantry Violets! Hope each and every one of you is having a wonderful summer so far (all except our southern hemisphere violets of course - hope you are staying warm and cozy) and that there is great weather and exciting vacation plans still to come! The summer weather is yet to hit Malmö, but we live in hope!

There is a lot going on at Petite Violette over the summer, including some buying trips to France, England and Denmark, lots of work behind the scenes organising a few workshops and, most exciting of all, a Julie Arkell exhibition. Petite Violette is so incredibly lucky to be able to hold a month long solo exhibition of Julie's work, called "Making Up Poems", starting September 29 2012. 

Julie will visit Malmö the weekend before to set up the exhibition and to hold a one day textiles workshop at Petite Violette on Sunday September 23. Exact details are not yet finalised, but you are all welcome! If you've been thinking about a trip to Malmö/Copenhagen, this could be the time to do it!

Once again, hope you are all enjoying your summer, miss you all and think of you often!

making up poems

7 comments:

  1. Hi Sam, so lovely and SO tempting! But alas cannot make it but it sounds perfect. Say hi to Julie for me and can't wait to see the pictures. Julie's work will be so well placed in your shop. I still treasure my Julie brooch and bracelet, and the time I spent with her and you all in France. So long ago now. I'll get to you all one day, I might travel again next year I think.
    Lucky you taking buying trips; such a nice job.
    take care.
    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jo, such a shame you can't make it! If only you weren't so far away. But next year sounds good! Europe? Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BRAVO Sami!
    How thrilling to have Julie in Malmo at Petite Violette! You must be very excited about it.
    hmmmm, end of September? I'll have to "dream" on that one!
    Love to you and all the rest.... xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sam,
    Very excite for you. I did look to see if flights, timetables fitted, but unfortunately not, but please do show more photos once you have the exhibition in place, sounds fabulous.
    Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how I wish I could be there, although Julie might freak out of knitting is involved. Looks so fun, fun, fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks all for your lovely encouraging comments! So wish all of you could come! The response to the workshop has been incredible, so will be amazing to get to know some new local Julie Arkell fans. I had no idea there were so many! We are in the process of organizing some more exciting workshops Joanna, so hopefully a future one might work out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sam! Try as I might I just couldn't make September in malmo but I know u will enjoy hosting a workshop with Julie! Give her a huge hug for me. I know you will have a fine time and many more to come - how exciting! Please post lots of pics. Xxdi

    ReplyDelete