Tuesday 10 May 2011

Airport Art

Walking through the Austin airport yesterday, I noticed how great the art in the cases is.
I missed taking a photo of my friend David Everett's OWL (beautifully hand-carved wooden sculpture) but thought I'd share some of the others that caught my eye.


Above and below are fabulous vessels made completely of BUTTONS!
Right up my alley, for sure!
And, here are some chairs with parts and pieces added to or carved into them. I think they are pretty cool.....

In El Paso, waiting for my next flight, I took a quick shot of the carpet. I have loved this carpet since they redid the airport many years ago. What you don't see is the repeat of the lizards on each square throughout the entire hall - magnificent!!

And, in the Southwest terminal, there were paper airplanes flying around in some of the gates. This is not a very good photo, but you get the idea!

Happy travels to anyone traveling.
Sure have enjoyed the most recent posts here, ladies. What amazing creativity is swirling around!!!! LOVE IT!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. I love all those buttons! The vessels are incredible! Now I know what to do with all those jars of buttons I have lying around lol!!
    Thanks for sharing, I wish my local airport was as exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those button vessels, that's quite a button collection :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww my comment disappeared!! I think when google pulled the plug for 36 hours they removed Thursday's comments! I had said how much I loved the buttons...I now know what to do with all those buttons I have lying around! Lol!

    ReplyDelete