Sunday 19 December 2010

MY ADVENTURES IN BOSTON - PART 1

Apologies for the delay in blogging on my trip to see Kate and Jamie in Boston!
I had the best time! Kate met me at the airport and took me to dinner with her family and then on to Jamie's where I stayed. The next day was very special - organised to coincide with my stay - I was guest of honour at Jamie's book signing in Weston!

Dragon Books in Weston was the venue - a lovely shop :


As we all know a famous author, our very own Jamie, I thought i'd share her book signing which was organised for the Saturday I was in Boston!

Here she is with friends, family and fans!


and there on the far left is our Kate! Three pantry violets in the one spot! The signing went really well and drew a good crowd as you can see:

and here is Jamie's lovely book - her first foray into mixed media in her illustration! Isnt it fabulous !



I'm sure you all remember Jamies printed figures - she worked on them at LSA and finished hem on her return home. The finished figures can be seen on Jamie's blog: jamieharperstudioblog - sorry i dont know how to add a link!

Thanks to Jamie and Kate my first day in Boston was fantastic and I have a signed book for my great niece Iris (only 1) but she needs to get a move on and learn to read before she can fully enjoy it - im sure her mummy will read it to her in the meantime!

xxdi

1 comment:

  1. What a fabulous time you must have had, Di!
    I am envious of your time up there with the girls....

    Hope you're staying warm in all that crazy weather you've had - wow!
    How is your SMART car handling the snow? I'll light my magic candle to keep you safe, my friend.

    Love to you this season. Can't wait to see more photos of your trip...
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete