Tuesday 12 October 2010

THE LESSER SPOTTED TATTERED!






Here we have an example of the Lesser Spotted Tattered!


This rare bird is about to migrate to Australia to join Jo's project and will eventually nestle in a tree top far away!


I didn't pink the edges of the fabric feathers so its fraying gently, the thread plume is also rather haphazard and the red eyes give it a slightly alarming look!

Made from part of a pillowcase from Katie's pile at LSA and bits of my French General stash - odd bits of crochet silk and cotton and the mad red eyes are vintage diamonte in a metal fitting the name of which escapes me!


Hope you like it Jo! It will be winging its way (well via airmail!) to Aus today! If I get chance I'll make another and send before your deadline of December.


Love to All

xx

Di








6 comments:

  1. WONDERFUL!!!!
    Di, I find you to be such an inspiration!
    You actually DO get things done that you would like to do!!!!!
    The bird is lovely - I must finish mine up and send it on its way, too.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come on little bird,
    when you are tired of Australia we can meet in.... Briançon;)
    Love
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blimey Di, you are a busy bee!!!!
    This is wonderfully beautiful and is soo Tamar Mogendorff, actually its better than her stuff! I feel bad that I have n't done one...oh well too many bracelets to make!!!!!
    Dx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have till December violets - get ur needles out they are really fun to make - I'm dreaming up my second one!
    Xxdi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Di, Your bird is wonderful. Maybe you need an etsy shop too. Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  6. so fantastic Di!! I love this bird, beautiful - when it arrives I'll put it on the project blog. He will be our first international migration! lovely.

    ReplyDelete