Monday 13 September 2010

More Teeny Tiny Treasures

Started cleaning (!) out my studio today - inspired FIRST by being at my mom's and seeing ALL THE STUFF and realizing that I, too, had way more than I need in my life....
...and SECOND by my friend David, who said that he cleaned up his studio a year ago and felt like a huge weight had been lifted. He really encouraged me to get to it.

As I methodically began to go through papers and throw out papers (sigh) my eyes wandered to a small glass and tin cabinet that I have not paid much attention to in the past several years (maybe I need to move it to a different location) I came across these little crocheted miracles (no kidding!) Remember the little yellow "bunny bear" that I posted last week? Well, these are from the same woman and I had totally forgotten that I had bought these at the same time.

I am in love with them..........

Here they are! "Kitty". "Red Riding Hood" . and "Halloween BeeBear"!
Can you believe it?

Little Red Riding Hood

Halloween Bee Bear

teeny tiny kitty cat

Ain't she sweet?
love the little yellow stripes on her legs

I am in total awe of the woman who made these, once upon a time.
I wish you could see how itty bitty they really are.....gosh.....

Any luck on your little mouse, Danielle?

4 comments:

  1. errrr....have done all the component bits which look like chewed bits of string, overcome by weariness and strangely intimidated by the halloween bear, not sure that I could improve on these wild little beauties!
    Can I come and help you clear out your studio?
    Dxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! COME!
    I would absolutely FLIP!!!!!
    Besides, we have gOT to figure out our "next move"......

    Let's talk SOON!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. more treasure Jone!!!!! I want you to parcel all the cast offs up and send it on to me - i need stuff as you know like other people need oxygen!
    xxdi

    ReplyDelete
  4. if that kitty isn't the sweetest thing I've even seen, then I don't know what is. I can barely stand it.

    ReplyDelete