Wednesday 4 August 2010

mosaic

location: southeast corner of Montano & 4th Street, Albuquerque, NM
what: mosaic structure - Tree of Life-like....

The black & white images are based on Native American mimbres art and the colorful leaves and animals in the middle seem to come from Mexican influence.
I had forgotten where this was located, though I remembered having driven past it many times over the past many years. I was thrilled to find it again, as I took a different way to visit my friend, Penny at Los Poblanos on Monday. Glad I had my camera at hand to snap a shot.

Penny and I had a great meeting, along with three others, and we covered some ground on what we would like to do to move ahead on workshops in the North Valley - oh boy!
More on all that later.......

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you posted this 1% for art piece. This one is my favorite, right before the Chevy on a stick and the bus bench that is a 57 turquoise Chevy close to the water dept on 2nd St.
    My granddaughter and I have plans to see all the north valley 1% for art pieces by the start of school. There is a map provided by the City of ABQ and we're just ticking them off as we see them.
    Glad ya'll all had such a wonderful together time in France. Gorgeous pieces, wonderful smiles. Envy abounds.........Linda

    ReplyDelete