Tuesday 16 February 2010

Papier Mache!!!

OOLIE's SHOES!
You have seen the real thing (see previous post) and now you can go through the process!
I was in awe as I watched her wrap the shoes with Saran Wrap and then papier mache on top. I do not know how she got any courage from ME...neither one of us thought it would work as well as it did.
She only did the front half of one shoe and the back of the other. After getting through the whole thing, though, she figures it might be better to do the entire shoe and cut the paper off down the middle. Then, she could "put it back together" with more papier mache along the seam.....can't wait to try it!

I will post the final of this little treasure later, but here is the teacup and saucer that Oolie has wanted to try for a long time. You can see the plastic wrap on the inside of the cup.

I tend to make things up as I go along, so I was fascinated by the process Oolie chose - using real objects as the base. I do not know that I would have the patience, but it certainly makes anything possible...

Love this little "wagon" which is actually the bottom of a pram. Oolie took the top off to make a separate mold of it to attach later. 

I was sooooo impressed with her ability to cut this darn hanger from foam core board! The handle was a major challenge, I bet. She worked so methodically and consistently ....sigh.... wonder what that feels like (!) Here you can see the papier mache in process.

Oolie's whole group together. We had the heater on in the studio cause it was sooo chilly outside. It came in handy, though, to dry the pieces along the way.
I was so impressed that she came with her ideas intact and stuck with ALL of them to the finish. I do not know what that feels like, either. I am soooo all over the place.
See, Oolie, we both learned something from each other!

Thanks for the visit and the fun and the laughter, the chatter, the secrets, the plans .....sigh....
Have a great time in Hawaii (YES! She leaves this week!!) See you when you get back!

1 comment:

  1. Jone- thank you for taking the time to post the photos of the "process"
    Kind of exhausting when you think about it....but not when I was in your presence.....time just flew by! I found a great card for Grayson today...hopefully it will make him chuckle! LOVE- Oolie

    ReplyDelete