Monday 14 December 2009

a little magic

As promised, more photos from my friend Beth's magical home. Everywhere you look, there is something breathtaking.....

This beautiful wooden figure really fascinated me. Beth was trying to put a tiny heart shaped stone (from Bali) in "her" hands, but it was being difficult. I got lucky and the stone stayed right there where it was supposed to be. Isn't the light nice?

Absolutely LOVE this tin figure! She is very charming and quite large, actually - 2-3 ft tall? I guess I like her because she reminds me a bit of my own drawings... 

Isn't this great? Two little Swedish horses kissing under the Christmas tree...and the butter molds, too. These are sitting in the kitchen window above the sink. I would smile a lot washing dishes there....

In the bedroom, tucked away near the floor are these hands. Beth collects hands and she really has some very special ones. I think these are particularly interesting, especially with the reflections in the window.... and I love that they are just "there"...

One very special thing at Beth's is the large cage at the end of a hallway near the kitchen. They do not look real in this photo, but there are two doves that live in there. I do not know their names, but as we were talking to each other while sewing, the doves were doing a lot of "talking," too. Apparently, they actually sleep in the little nest that they are just sitting on here.
I have beaucoups more photos of her Christmas scenarios that I will post later on. Hope some of the magic from her home has inspired you....sure has me.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment