Monday 12 October 2009

knitting and stitching show





Hello...had a very inspirational trip to Alexander Palace to the Knitting and Stitching show with my mum and daughter.....some absolutely stunning work, noteably by design graduates exhibiting their degree work. The wealth of ideas and exquisite craftmanship was very humbling!
All the big names such as Selvedge, clothkits and Loop had a stand there where I noticed our Guru's lovely work!
If this show comes to your area you must go...I'm feeling very inspired to make!
more images on ragtale blog......

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I had a typo on my other comment. Did you see Julie there? It looked like some of her work was on a shelf in your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie's work was there on the Loop stand which is a glorious wool and yarn shop based in north London, but there was only that little bit. It was the student work though that was very impressive, I could not believe that 18 year olds had produced such exquisite and technically sophisticated art!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow.......I am ready to work!
    After being in Texas and cleaning out closets at my mom's, I am ready to sit in my studio tomorrow and draw!
    I finished my little "Caterpillar and Alice" and will post a better photo soon. It goes in the mail to California tomorrow as submission to Somerset Studios...wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete